Jobs Victoria Employment Services (JVES) Mentors
1 x JVES Mentor for Central Highlands office in Ballarat
1 x JVES Mentor for Melton & Brimbank office in Melton
- Highly regarded not-for-profit organisation
- Progressive, enthusiastic, and dedicated staff
- Attractive Salary Packaging available
- Full time until end of June 2023
- Based in Melton/Brimbank and Central Highlands
Djerriwarrh Community & Education Services (Djerriwarrh) is a highly regarded not-for-profit charitable organisation which has been delivering high quality education, training, employment and youth programs in the western suburbs of Melbourne since 1989. Djerriwarrh’s Mission Statement is ‘empowering individuals and local communities to learn, connect and grow’. Djerriwarrh has an inclusive, collaborative workplace culture.
The Employment Mentor is responsible for assisting long term unemployed jobseekers into ongoing sustainable employment in the Melton/Brimbank and Central Highlands regions.
The Employment Mentor will:
- work closely with jobseekers in the Melton/Brimbank or Central Highlands regions to develop their skills and identify and address any barriers to employment, while sourcing employment opportunities;
- provide pre and post-employment mentoring and support to the jobseekers and employers in the Melton/Brimbank or Central Highlands regions to assist in successful job placements; and,
- engage with employers in the Melton/Brimbank or Central Highlands regions and support them with their recruitment needs.
- Excellent computer literacy
- Ability to mentor, motivate and advocate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in case management working with jobseekers to develop their work preparation skills including resume and interview techniques
- Ability to identify and address any barriers to employment, while sourcing employment opportunities
- Working With Children Check
- Current drivers licence
- A qualification or experience in recruitment, employment/community services
- Applicants with a sales background would be welcomed
- Salary packaging (the ability to access “tax free” benefits of $30,000 grossed-up per annum)
- Flexible working hours and arrangements for work-life balance, including work from home dependent on operational requirements
- Option of purchasing additional two weeks of annual leave
- Mobile phone and laptop provided
For a position description and information on how to apply please click on the following links:
Applications Direction – JVES Mentor December 2022
Applications must include a cover letter, an address to the Key Selection Criteria and a current resume. Applicants who do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on submission.
Closing date: 10.00am Tuesday 31 January 2023
Djerriwarrh actively encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.